A reflection on Housley

4 Jun

Housley

This spring 2014 semester I was fortunate enough to participate in the Housley Principled Leadership Program here on Texas State’s campus. This was the first leadership program I have ever participated in and I can confidently say that I am walking away from it with an improved sense of self-awareness and a more positive outlook on life. Housley allowed me to look inward and reflect on the way I live my life and forced me to check myself to see if I am living it in the way I wish to.

I have gained a better understanding of who I am as a person, what my leadership skills are and what I need to work on to improve my personal and professional life. Each day I am happier and more confident because I apply the 90/10 principle to everything that I do, (10% of our lives is what happens to us; we determine the other 90%.)

I truly believe that I am capable of manifesting my own happiness, despite what situation I may be in.

Applications are due Sunday, June 15. Apply Here!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Brooke Hurlbut is a sophomore at Texas State University majoring in elementary education with a minor in art. She is involved in a community service based organization on campus called H.E.A.T., which stands for Human Environmental and Animal Team, serving as a member of the Human committee and participating in a number of service projects that strive to better the community of San Marcos as well as various developing parts of the world.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: